Today, the National Association of Manufacturers sent a letter to the House of Representatives and Senate expresses support for H.R. 83, the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act. The letter, from NAM Senior Vice President, Policy and Government Relations Aric Newhouse, outlines a number of measures in the legislation that are priorities for the manufacturing sector and will help the economy continue to rebound.
Specifically the letter outlines:
– RAMI Act and Manufacturing Innovation
– Country of Origin Labeling (COOL)
– Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
– Internet Tax Freedom
– Export Import Bank
– Environmental Regulations
– Hours of Service
– And Labor issues such as the e-card check initiative.
To read more about these provisions and why manufacturers support them, click here.