Today House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) subpoenaed the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) regarding the complaint against the Boeing Company.
The NLRB’s complaint against Boeing, as well as additional overreach such as the “ambush elections” rule and the Specialty Healthcare case will have a dampening impact on job creation and economic growth. In a recent internal poll of our members 69 percent of the poll’s respondents said the NLRB’s agend will hurt job creation.
Chairman Issa’s subpoena asks the NLRB to produce to the Oversight Committee documents related to the complaint against Boeing by August 12.
Chairman Issa’s statement:
“NLRB’s action in the case against Boeing has the potential to create a job-killing precedent just as U.S. manufacturers are working toward economic recovery. That a Washington, D.C.-based bureaucracy could dictate the work location and parameters for a world-leading company is unprecedented in a global economy and hobbles a leading American job creator at a time of economic vulnerability,” Issa said.
• Wall Street Journal, “Issa Subpoenas NLRB Documents in Boeing Case”
• Bloomberg, “Labor Board’s Boeing Documents Subpoenaed”
• Politico, “Darrell Issa keeps pressure on NLRB”
• Reuters, “Congressman subpoenas NLRB documents in Boeing case”
Latest posts by Jeff Ostermayer (see all)
- We Must Continue to Fight to Protect the First Amendment - June 26, 2013
- New Commerce Secretary Pritzker Confirmed By Senate - June 25, 2013
- Happy 150th Birthday to Bayer - June 21, 2013