The House Ways & Means Committee has posted the witness list for its hearing 10 a.m., Tuesday, “On the Pending Free Trade Agreements with Colombia, Panama and South Korea and the Creation of U.S. Jobs. ” NAM Board Member Roy Paulson leads things off.
- Roy Paulson, President, Paulson Manufacturing Corporation, on behalf of the National Association of Manufacturers
- Bob Stallman, President, American Farm Bureau Federation
- Michael L. Ducker, Chief Operating Officer and President, International, FedEx Express
- William J. Toppeta, President, International, MetLife
- Stephen E. Biegun, Corporate Officer and Vice President of International Governmental Affairs, Ford Motor Company
Paulson Manufacturing is based in Temecula, Calif. From its website:
Since 1947 we have been providing protective equipment for various industries worldwide. From industrial to fire and rescue, tactical and ballistic verification testing, we have the right products for you. Specializing in face protection, our family owned and operated business consistently delivers quality and innovation to each and every customer.
We’ll post all the testimony when it becomes available on Tuesday.
The hearing is perfectly timed. President Obama delivers his State of the Union address Tuesday evening, and export-driven job growth is expected to be a theme. The president can lend substance to the rhetoric by announcing his intention to submit not just the Korea, but also the pending FTAs with Colombia and Panama to Congress for enactment.
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011