WKRG-TV, Channel 5 in Mobile, Ala., has a posted a five-part series of video reports from November about the operations of the new ThyssenKrupp steel plant in nearby Calvert, “Inside ThyssenKrupp Steel.” Yes, it’s like an entire new city has been built there.
CALVERT, Alabama – While the country is still dealing with a recession, there’s good economic news coming out of North Mobile County. In a special series you will see only on News 5, we take an in depth look at a multi-billion dollar investment that seems to be paying off for Alabama. In part one of our series we take an exclusive look at Thyssenkrupp from the air and a look inside TK.
The formal dedication ceremonies also counted as big news in the German media, as you can see from these headlines collected from Google News Germany.
- ARD.de, “ThyssenKrupp stählt sich in den USA (ThyssenKrupp steels itself in the United States)
- DerWesten.de, “Erstes Stahlwerk von Thyssen-Krupp in den USA” (First Thyssen-Krupp steelworks in the United States)
- Financial Times Deutschland, “Milliardeninvestitionen: ThyssenKrupp plant Expansion auf US-Markt” (Billions in Investment: ThyssenKrupp plans expansion in the U.S. market)
- Taggesspiegel, “Thyssen-Krupp baut gigantische Fabrik in Alabama” (Thyssen-Krupp builds gigantic factory in Alabama)
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011