The fundraiser for Senate Democratic candidates at the American Association for Justice convention in Vancouver, B.C., continues to make news, despite the trial lawyers’ efforts to keep it out of the press. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid was in attendance.
Goodness knows, we don’t have a beef with political fundraising: Our recurring complaint is that the AAJ is one of the most powerful lobbying and political groups in the country, and yet the trial lawyers association does not receive the same level of scrutiny from the maintream media that business groups do.
- The Day, Hartford, Conn., “Blumenthal was at Reid’s Vancouver fundraiser, campaign confirms“
- The Hill (blog), “GOP hits Reid and others for raising money in Canada“
- Politico, “SUNDAY NIGHT — DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR SENATOR WAS?”
- WRTV-6, Indianapolis, “Ellsworth takes campaign on the road… to Canada“
Now if we could just get people to report on the AAJ’s role in shaping policy.
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011