On Wednesday, the House Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection held a hearing on H.R. 4692, the National Manufacturing Strategy Act of 2010. Representative Dan Lipinski (D-IL) introduced the bill on February 25, 2010.
Chairman Bobby Rush (D-IL) made an opening statement.
Prepared statements from witnesses.
- Aneesh Chopra, Associate Director for Technology and Chief Technology Officer, Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Bill Hickey, President and Chief Executive Officer, Lapham-Hickey Steel Co.
- Scott N. Paul, Executive Director, Alliance for American Manufacturing
- Mark Gordon, Director, Defense Research Programs, National Center for Advanced Technologies
- Owen E. Herrnstadt, Director, Trade and Globalization, International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers
- Kevin A. Hassett, Senior Fellow and Director of Economic Policy Studies, American Enterprise Institute
The National Association of Manufacturers offered a prepared statement, available here.
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011