Getting under way momentarily at the National Press Club. From the media advisory:
What: The Council on Competitiveness will host a media event featuring remarks by Council leadership, followed by a CEO panel moderated by editorial leadership from Newsweek.
The event will include the release of a Global CEO Survey and Index on Competitiveness in Manufacturing, which was commissioned by the Council and Deloitte. The survey and index will explore:
Country competitiveness rankings now and in five years;
Where the United States ranks among its global competitors;
The key factors determining global competitiveness;
Global policy issues that advantage/disadvantage competitiveness.
NAM President John Engler is among the speakers, panelists. List:
- Samuel Allen, Chairman and CEO of Deere & Company
- John Engler, President and CEO, National Association of Manufacturers
- Rana Foroohar, Deputy Editor, U.S. and International Editions Newsweek
- Craig Giffi, Vice Chairman of Deloitte LLP
- Robert Hite, General President of the United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters
- Shirley Ann Jackson, President of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- James Quigley, CEO of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Michael Splinter, Chairman, President and CEO of Applied Materials, Inc.
- Deborah Wince-Smith, President & CEO of the Council on Competitiveness
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011