Reuters, “US EPA issues rules on biggest carbon polluters“:
WASHINGTON, May 13 (Reuters) – The Obama Administration finalized greenhouse gas rules for big factories and power plants on Thursday, giving momentum to the troubled climate bill in the Senate.
We see this argument a lot, but the logic fails:
- The Environmental Protection Agency is circumventing the policy-making branch of government, Congress, by effectively rewriting the Clean Air Act to arbitrarily target CO2 emitters of its own choosing.
- The EPA’s actions demonstrate a contempt for the separation of powers and the rule of law, and would impose huge burdens on the economy.
- Therefore, Congress must pass legislation to enact the same things the EPA is attempting to accomplish through regulation.
Shorter version: Congress must punish the EPA’s excesses by doing what the EPA wants!
P.S. Carbon polluters? Talk about perverting science — and language — for political purposes. Makes you dread getting out of bed: Drew my first breath this morning, polluting the world as I exhaled.
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011