News coverage of the hearing Tuesday by the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions on the nomination of Craig Becker to serve on the National Labor Relations Board.
- Bloomberg, “Union Lawyer Becker Says He Will Be ‘Practical’ on Labor Board“
- The BLT: Blog of Legal Times, “NLRB Nominee Pledges Impartiality“
We take Mr. Becker at his word.
But just once we’d like to see a nominee say, “Senator, on the issue of all those radical statements and arguments I wrote in academic papers, I fully stand by them. If confirmed by the U.S. Senate, I will do my utmost best to implement the policies I have always advocated, no matter how extreme they seem to you. That’s the point of elections, isn’t it? The winners put their policies into effect.”
More news coverage …
- The Hill, “NLRB nominee gets contentious hearing“
- American Spectator, “Sen.-Elect Brown Should be Seated Before Becker Nomination is Considered, WFI Says [That's the Workforce Fairness Institute.]
- Wall Street Journal, “Labor Board Nominee Becker Seeks To Answer Critics At Hearing“