The roll call has now been posted for the cloture vote on the nomination of Craig Becker to the National Labor Relations Board. The vote was 52-33.
All Republicans present and two Democrats voted against cloture: Sen. Ben Nelson of Nebraska and Sen. Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas.
- Bloomberg, “Becker Labor Board Nomination Held Up After Senate Cloture Vote“
- FoxNews.com, “Senate Rejects Obama’s Labor Board Nominee“
- Los Angeles Times (blog), “GOP blocks Obama labor nominee“
UPDATE (5:40 p.m.): A reasoned argument from TheTruthAboutEFCA.com that today’s vote was a surrogate vote on the Employee Free Choice Act.
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011