It appears that the Copenhagen climate confab is being downgraded to a preliminary gathering to discuss ongoing efforts to consider further steps that China will reject.
- Washington Post, “Obama endorses limited goal for climate-change talks“
- Christian Science Monitor, “APEC leaders: no climate change deal at Copenhagen“
- Wall Street Journal, “WSJ: Concerns Rise Around Obama’s First Swing Through Asia“
- Telegraph (U.K.), “Copenhagen climate change agreement is impossible“
There’s still time to get a refund on the plane tickets, right?
The Obama Administration and other supporters of a reordering of the U.S. economy to control CO2 emissions claimed Congress had to pass cap-and-trade legislation to lend the United States credibility at the Copenhagen conference. Now that Copenhagen is turning into just another festival of talking, Congress has lost its rationale for rushing through a climate-change bill.
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011