President Obama today sent a memorandum to Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebalius instructing HHS to develop demonstration projects on patient safety and medical liability.
- Presidential Memorandum
- FACT SHEET: Patient Safety and Medical Liability Reform Demonstration
- Secretary Sebelius comments at White House press briefing.
Philip K. Howard, legal reformer and author, in The Atlantic, “The Menu of Malpractice Reforms”
American Tort Reform Association news release, “White House Memo, Trial Lawyer Position on the Need for Tort Reform Share Similarities”
UPDATE (5:25 p.m.): The American Association for Justice continues its suddenly frenetic fundraising, asking its trial lawyer members via e-mail to help pay a new ad campaign.
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011