He not only invented an instrument, he invented an industry. R.I.P.
Here’s an interview with him from June, talking to the troops.
Recordings of his 1950 NBC radio program.
In this interview, he explains how he invented the amplified acoustic guitar, the solid-body electric guitar — a railroad track! — and formed a partnership with Mary Ford.
And from Gibson Guitar…
- The World Has Lost a Remarkable Innovator and Musician
- Classic Amps: The 1950s Gibson GA-40 Les Paul Amp
- 10 Truly Great Guitarists on Record About Their Les Pauls
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011