The guest speakers at the American Association for Justice’s convention in San Francisco are listed in the brochure for the trial lawyers’ big summer event.
- Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ), chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.
AAJ Pac Eagles Reception — $5,000 PAC contributors
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
- Governor Tim Kaine of Virginia, Chairman, Democratic National Committee
- Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
Representative Henry Waxman (D-CA)
AAJ PAC M Club Luncheon ($1,000 PAC contributors)
Other speakers include Nan Aron of the Alliance for Justice and David Frederick, the lawyers for Diana Levine in the prominent preemption case, Wyeth v. Levine.
Senator Boxer was a driving force for the phthalates ban in the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act, and Rep. Waxman was responsible for much of the CPSIA overreach. The trial lawyers are very happy with that law.
(Earlier, similar post at Point of Law.)
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011