A news release from Northrop Grumman and Areva, “AREVA and Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding to Break Ground for Newport News Facility”:
BETHESDA, Md., July 20, 2009 – On Wednesday, July 22, AREVA and Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding, two leaders in the U.S. nuclear industry, will break ground on a new manufacturing and engineering facility located at the north of the Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding property located in Newport News, Virginia.
The joint venture, AREVA Newport News LLC, will construct a 330,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Newport News, Va., to build heavy components for new nuclear plants, a $360 million investment that will create more than 500 jobs. The event begins at 6:00 p.m. followed by an opportunity for media to speak with Virginia Governor Timothy Kaine, AREVA CEO Anne Lauvergeon, Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding President Mike Petters, AREVA Newport News General Manager Chris Levesque, and Newport News Mayor Joe Frank.
The event is being broadcast via the Internet: www.tvworldwide.com/events/Northrop_Grumman/090722_areva/.
The Areva blog will also be following the event. It’s a very informative blog: http://us.arevablog.com/
- WAVY-TV, “New manufacturing facility coming to NN”
- Daily Press, “Gov. Kaine heading to Peninsula, Southside today”
- Daily Press, “Northrop, AREVA break ground today”
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011