The Senate Commerce Committee has announced a hearing for next Wednesday on the nominations of Anne Northup and Robert Adler to serve as commissioners on the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Details here.
That’s quick. (The President has only announced his intention to nominate Northup. Assuming the actual nomination comes today or Monday.)
News coverage on Northup’s nomination:
- Louisville Courier Journal, “Obama picks Anne Northup for Consumer Product Safety Commission.“
- Lexington Herald-Leader, “Obama to nominate Northup for consumer safety post“
MSNBC characterized the nomination as another “step by Obama to bring Republicans into the Administration.” Since it’s a commission seat reserved for a non-Democrat, not really. A clarification followed.
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011