No, we don’t expect a renewal of 1812 hostilities, but in matters of trade …
- From Bloomberg, “Canada Minister Clement Warns of ‘Don’t-Buy-American Backlash’”
- Canada.com, “Wilson confident of resolution to ‘Buy American’ spat”
- Toronto Globe and Mail, “Confusion reigns over Buy American“
- Toronto Globe and Mail, “Tories seek union’s help in fight against ‘Buy American’“
- The Chronicle Herald, “Flaherty: Protectionism bad” [No disagreement there.]
- Watertown Daily Times, “Free trade Other nations follow US protectionism
- Calgary Herald, “Ignatieff warns U.S. of ‘Buy American’ backlash“
- Financial Times Deutschland, “Buy American wird zum Bumerang”
- La Presse Canadienne, “Flaherty: exclure les entreprises des EU n’est pas la chose à faire”
- El Economista (Mexic), “Canadá toma represalias por “Buy American”
Tony Clement is Canadian Industry Minister.
Michael Wilson is Canada’s ambassador to the United States.
Jim Flaherty is Finance Minister.
Michael Ignatieff is leader of the opposition, the Liberal Party.
The German and Mexican links are included just to make the point that the rest of the world is watching and making plans.
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011