National Association of Manufacturers President John Engler will speak toward the end of the rally/news event highlighting the economic and personal harm the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act has imposed on individuals and the economy.
Shopfloor.org will be there. For on the scene Twitter and blogging reports, we’d suggest following Walter Olson on Twitter, as well as Overlawyered, where he has done an admirable job covering the law’s excesses.
Our previous posts on the CPSIA are available here.
Details of the rally here and below.
Date and Location: 10:00 a.m., April 1 at the Capitol Visitors Center, Room HVC201 A&B, The U.S. Capitol.
More information on the Visitor’s Center is: http://www.visitthecapitol.gov/
Speakers will include Members of Congress and representatives from:
• Charitable Organizations
• National Association of Manufacturers
• Small Business owners from various industries affected by CPSIA
• Motorcycle and ATV dealerships
• Publishers and Library Associations
• Product safety and lead experts (to discuss science-based risk assessment)
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011