Chairman Nick Rahall of the House Natural Resources Committee continues his hearings on Outer Continental Shelf energy development this upcoming week, with valuable input from manufacturers and energy companies.
On Tuesday, “Offshore Drilling: State Perspectives“:
Representative Sam Farr, CA-17, Member of Congress
The Honorable Mike Chrisman, Secretary, California Natural Resources Agency
Ted Diers, Chairman, Coastal States Organization
Robert G. Marvinney, Ph.D., State Geologist and Director, Maine Geological Survey
Honorable Frank W. Wagner, State Senator, Senate of Virginia
Garret Graves, Director, Louisiana Governor’s Office of Coastal Activities
That’s Frank Wagner, member of the National Association of Manufacturers and co-owner of Davis Boat Works, Inc., which marked its 50th year of operations last year.
On Wednesday, it’s “Offshore Drilling: Industrial Perspectives“
Marvin E. Odum, President, Shell Oil Company
Lamar McKay, Chairman and President, BP America, Inc.
Larry Nichols, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Devon Energy Corporation
Tim Cejka, President, ExxonMobil Exploration Company
Gary Luquette, President, Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company
Karen A. Harbert, President & CEO, Institute for 21st Century Energy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
In related news and commentary:
- Jim McTeague, Barron’s, “Testing: Obama’s Will to Drill“
- Ben Lieberman, FrontPage Magazine, “With the Bad Economy, the Time For Offshore Drilling is Now“
- Joseph Mason, Houston Chronicle, “Offshore exploration key to our financial recovery“
Americans stand to gain a lot, from both an energy and economic standpoint, if Congress permanently lifts the moratoria on exploration and production in the OCS. But those gains must be accompanied by a broader political discussion on natural resources, lest we continue to needlessly turn away sources of economic growth in the midst of recession.
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011