The latest from the global leader in green technology, environmental protection, responsive regulation and we should all be more like them:
- Orange County Register, “State offices closed across state Friday as furloughs begin
- Sacramento Bee, “In budget crisis, counties plot tax revolt against California“
- Santa Cruz Sentinel, “Calif. counties threaten to keep taxes from state“
- KABC, Sacramento, “‘State has not gotten its act together’“
- KCRA, Sacramento, “California Stops Paying Many Bills“
- Santa Rosa Press Democrat, “Economic train wreck slams schools, hospital“
- La Canada Valley Sun, “‘Governor Bankrupt’ needs to act, says Sen. Liu“
Commentary from last week, when President Obama instructed the EPA to reconsider California’s request to be allowed to regulate tailpipe emissions. (Via Fox News)
PRESIDENT OBAMA: The days of Washington dragging its heels are over. My administration will not deny facts, we will be guided by them. We cannot afford to pass the buck or push the burden on to the states.
GOV. ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, R-CALIF.: For too long Washington has been asleep at the wheel when it comes to the environment. Now California finally has a partner and an ally in Washington at the White House.
Why would the federal government embrace the Californian model for anything?
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011