The AP describes the executive orders signed by President Obama this morning as follows:
- Require federal contractors to offer jobs to current workers when contracts change.
- Reverse a Bush order requiring federal contractors to post notices that workers can limit financial support of unions.
- Prevent federal contractors from being reimbursed for expenses meant to influence workers deciding whether to form a union.
No mention of reversing President Bush’s executive order on project labor agreements in federal contracts, as mentioned below.
The White House website has an item about the Middle Class Task Force being created, but no listing yet of the executive orders. We’ll post the orders when they get around to posting them at WhiteHouse.gov.
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011