Given the coming effective date of the jobs-killing, lawsuit-inviting Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act, Congress is responding, right? So we decided to do quick search in Thomas of bills with the exact term, “consumer product safety.” The results:
Items 1 through 2 of 2
1. H.R.414 : To require mobile phones containing digital cameras to make a sound when a photograph is taken.
Sponsor: Rep King, Peter T. [NY-3] (introduced 1/9/2009) Cosponsors (None)
Committees: House Energy and Commerce
Latest Major Action: 1/9/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.
2. H.R.418 : To confirm the jurisdiction of the Consumer Product Safety Commission with respect to releasing systems on residential window bars and to establish a consumer product safety standard ensuring that all such bars include a quick-release mechanism.
Sponsor: Rep Lee, Barbara [CA-9] (introduced 1/9/2009) Cosponsors (None)
Committees: House Energy and Commerce; House Financial Services
Latest Major Action: 1/9/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, and in addition to the Committee on Financial Services, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.
This 1995 story from the San Francisco Chronicle indicate that Rep. Lee has a longstanding interest in the issue, “Window security bars targeted as unsafe“
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011