The Senate Banking Committee has not yet posted the prepared statements from yesterday’s hearing, “Examining the State of the Domestic Automobile Industry,” but the testimony was available elsewhere:
- Rick Wagoner, General Motors, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Alan Mulally, Ford Motor Company, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (full prepared testimony here).
- Robert Nardelli, Chrysler, Chairman & CEO, Chrysler LLC
- Ron Gettelfinger, President, United Auto Workers
Don’t immediately see the statements from Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) and University of Maryland economist Peter Morici.
The three auto executives and UAW’s Gettelfinger are also slated to testify before the House Committee on Financial Services at 10 a.m. today, the hearing entitled, “Stabilizing the Financial Condition of the American Automobile Industry.”
The other panel should have its moments of interest:
Mrs. Annette Sykora, Chairman, National Automobile Dealers Association
Mr. James S. McElya, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Cooper-Standard Automotive, Inc.
Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs, Director, The Earth Institute; Quetelet Professor of Sustainable Development and Professor of Health Policy and Management, Columbia University
Dr. Matthew J. Slaughter, Professor of International Economics, Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011