The Democratic presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL), has been getting a lot of anger-infused grief from the left-wing activists for saying he’ll vote for H.R. 6304, the FISA Amendments Act, after saying in the primay season he would filibuster against it. Obama now says he’ll vote against the immunity provisions but for final passage.
U.S. News blog: “The largest group on Obama’s own website now goes by the moniker: “Senator Obama–Please Vote NO on Telecom Immunity—Get FISA Right.” The group comprises 18,000-plus Obama-ites. Its membership is mushrooming. Most who join do so in frustration with their candidate for switching positions on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act bill, or FISA.”
- The Nation: What Obama Should Be Saying About FISA
- Bob Ostertag, The Huffington Post: A Powerful, Easy Way to Tell Obama to Get it Right
And here’s a fun fact: Daniel Ellsberg is opposed to the FISA bill! To the angry left at the Daily Kos, that opposition constitutes a powerful argument.
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), the Republican presidential candidate, released a statement last month endorsing the FISA bill.
Latest posts by Carter Wood (see all)
- Farewell from a Blogger - May 25, 2011
- Activist Ignore Evidence to Back Shakedown Suit Against Chevron - May 25, 2011
- More than a Lawsuit: A Circle of Political Pressure Against Chevron - May 25, 2011