The National Review Institute presented a panel program Tuesday at the National Press Club, “Pump Up the Volume — Energy Production and National Security,” moderated by Larry Kudlow. The Powerlineblog did a nice summary of the discussion. Participating were Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart, David Hamilton of the Sierra Club, Steve Hayward of AEI, Andrew Liveris, CEO of Dow Chemical, and James Woolsey, former director of the CIA.
(1) Why not let the market decide the winners and losers rather than the government?
(2) How sure are we that man’s actions are responsible for climate change?
(3) And even if we’re quite sure that we’re behind climate change, what reason is there to believe that accelerating the movement away from traditional energy sources will have any meaningful impact in stemming global warming?
Latest posts by NAM (see all)
- Manufacturers Win Several Website Design Awards - June 15, 2011
- China Makes Commitments on Trade, Intellectual Property - December 16, 2010
- ITC Details Widespread Theft of Intellectual Property in China - December 14, 2010