This made its way to our desk this week from House Majority Leader John Boehner’s office. There are six questions which you should ask your Member of Congress. The original version was more partisan and so we’ve edited it a little bit, but the questions still struck us as the right ones to ask:
1. Will you support comprehensive solutions designed to lower prices by increasing the supply of American energy and expanding our energy infrastructure in America?
2. Will you support responsible legislation to increase domestic energy supplies?
3. Will you support legislation to expand clean nuclear energy supplies and the use of renewable fuels?
4. Will you support responsible legislation to streamline the process of refinery expansion and construction that is so critical to the future of America’s energy infrastructure?
5. Will you support legislation to put Americans to work producing more of our own American energy to lower prices?
6. What have you done to help ease the strain of rising energy costs?
As the message from Rep. Boehner’s (R-OH) office says, “Restricting the supply of American energy, opposing renewable alternatives, and driving up gas prices are the wrong answers to this question. The American people expect answers from their leaders.” For once, we couldn’t have said it any better. The radical environmental movement has had a stranglehold on this country’s energy policy for too long. Time for them to get out of the way.
Please click here to drop your elected representatives a note, see how many of these questions they get right. Tell them you want them to start lowering energy prices now. No more speeches.
Latest posts by NAM (see all)
- Manufacturers Win Several Website Design Awards - June 15, 2011
- China Makes Commitments on Trade, Intellectual Property - December 16, 2010
- ITC Details Widespread Theft of Intellectual Property in China - December 14, 2010