See this comment below from our friend Michael Wagner of StampingOutALiving.com:
“Here’s a stunning legal decision: A jury ruled Wednesday that the Port Authority was negligent in the bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993 … The jury determined that the agency was 68 percent liable for the incident. So if the Port Authority was 68% liable, that leaves the actual bombers with, at most, 32% of the liability for their actions.
Stunning … “
Mind you, Michael is a Canadian, and scratches his head when he looks south and sees stuff like this going on. In the story he cites, the Port Authority lawyer is quoted as saying, “To hold the Port Authority twice as liable as the terrorists for the 1993 bombing stands logic, rationality, and reason on their heads.” Indeed it does.
In all, notes the story, six people were convicted and sentenced to life in prison in criminal court for their roles in the bombing. Yet a just of 6 people found the Port Authority 68% liable for this heinous act of terrorism. Do we need any more reminders that we need legal reform in this country?
Click here to remind your Member of Congress to vote for H.R. 420, the Lawsuit Abuse Reduction Act today.
Latest posts by NAM (see all)
- Manufacturers Win Several Website Design Awards - June 15, 2011
- China Makes Commitments on Trade, Intellectual Property - December 16, 2010
- ITC Details Widespread Theft of Intellectual Property in China - December 14, 2010